Friday, March 20, 2009

Addictive Personality

Addictive Personality
19.03.09


Guy told me I had an ‘addictive personality’.

"The reason you always tossing shit into your mouth, is because you've got an addictive personality," he said.

“Addictive personality? What’s that? Like, ‘charisma’?” I asked.

“No,” he said. “That’s ‘magnetic personality'. You got addictive personality, the kind where you lean toward all kinds of addictions. What can you not live without?” he asked. "What do you just gotta have?"


Made me think. Air. Water. Food. Place to stay. People to talk to. Art. Told him that.


No, he said. He said he was talking about cigarettes, and coffee, and booze, and women, and drugs, and coffee, and red meat, and coke and Pepsi, and Coffee, and tv, and computers, and video games, and certain wines, and things like that, and as he named them off, I was thinking, tick-tock, tick-tock, ‘yeaaaaaaah…’

“Do you mean,” I asked, “like, the first time I ever tried fry bread, I looked up and asked, ‘You can get me more of this, can’t you?’”

“Yes,” he said. “That’s what I’m talking about.”



-end



.